Making PCB’s with the Laser Cutter
This page contains a series of docs on using the Laser Cutter to make PCB’s easily with different Electronic Cad Softwares.
For homebrew PCB’s there are a few different approaches. This includes the toner transfer / iron method, the toner transfer / Laminator approach (which is more accurate).
One approach is to use a laser cutter to remove paint from a Copper board, then etch the board. This can however require a few tricks to get it right.
- Dual sided boards (with via’s) / Alignment
- Possibly Solder Masks with Glass paint, using the laser to remove paint on the exposed pads
The Hackspace laser cutter is only to be used by those who have received an induction
- A2-ish Bed size, 600mm x 400mm
- 60W Laser Tube
- Awesome Extraction
- Air Assist
- Red-dot laser for bounds checking
- Smart cooling
- Rise-and-fall bed, Super useful for engraving stuff on stuff